Lord, You do not desire the death of sinners, but rather that we turn from our sin and live our lives in You. Graciously behold all who plead to You for Your protection and spare us the judgment we deserve. Withdraw the scourge of Your anger toward our sin and be moved in mercy to turn this pestilence away from us; for the sake of Jesus Christ, Your Son, who lives and rules with You and the Holy Spirit, You who are one God, now and forever. Amen.
Now that some of the restrictions of social distancing have been lifted by the State of Illinois, we are again able to return to the joy of worshipping together in the sanctuary of our church home - Beautiful Savior. This is wonderful news and something that we can all look forward to beginning again on Sunday, February 7, 2021, at 9:00am.
However, many of the public social distancing practices that were implemented during the shut-downs remain strong suggestions to continue until such time that our community is relatively free of COVID-19. For this reason, BSLC has developed the following guidelines for our time worshiping together, both on Sunday mornings and at other group events held in the church building during the week.
1. FACE COVERINGS – Face coverings are recommended by the CDC for all indoor gatherings. At Beautiful Savior, face masks are optional and welcome for those wishing to where them.
2. HAND SHAKING – Handshaking remains discouraged at this time. Please consider the use of an elbow bump, heart knock, a side-hug, or a polite wave to say hello. Alcohol-based hand-sanitizer islocated in the restrooms and the main areas of the church building and you are encouraged to use it as you feel the need. Pastor will continue to greet you before and after the service without a handshake. The greeting during the worship service remains suspended at this time with the full intention of resuming the worship service greeting at an appropriate time in the future.
3. DISTANCING – The recommendation is to keep a safe six foot distance between you and others who are not in your home; this remains the recommendation of BSLC. However, it is understood that at times this may not be possible in a church setting. Please continue to spread out as you enter the sanctuary.
4. HOLY COMMUNION – The bread will be carefully prepared ahead of time by the altar guild and distributed only by Pastor. The common cup remains suspended at this time with the intention of resuming the common cup at an appropriate time in the future. Individual cups will be spaced apart for easy pick-up.
5. FELLOWSHIP – This is an important part of the church community and something that many want to continue in anyway that we can. For that fellowship after worship on Sundays, please consider wearing your face covering during this time and utilize the hand-sanitizer whenever necessary.
6. SANITIZATION – Each Sunday morning our safety team representative for that Sunday will arrive early and wipe the most commonly touched areas of the church (handrails, doorknobs, faucets, etc.) with a disinfectant wipe to help ensure that any potential lingering bio-hazards are minimized.
A number of people have indicated that they do understand that the expenses of the congregation do not diminish and have indicated that they will be continuing to be faithful to their Lord through (1) setting up online banking offerings, (2) sending an offering in the mail, (3) registering with GivePLUS+ to establish online giving.
Please prayerfully consider any of these options.
The church address is:
Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church
1501 Deep Lake Road
Antioch, IL 60002
Beautiful Savior does not wish to engage in offering specific advice with regard to health issues. Nevertheless, with the onslaught of information from media outlets, including social media, it is often difficult for some to distinguish between facts and the sensationalism of those facts. For this reason, BSLC wishes to provide for its members, and the public, several reliable and comprehensive resources on which to draw from.