Council Minutes - April 2021
Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church Council Meeting - April 2021 (Held May 4)
Call to Order, Opening Prayer, & Attendance Report
Council Present – Bob P, Kelly H, Mike A, Glenn L, Scott H, Pastor Jeff
Guests Present – None
MMSP to accept March 2021 minutes.
President Report –
- Currently short two people on council - Trustee & Secretary
- Glenn Lingle is the new elder council representative.
- Expressed concern about having money counters outside of the treasurer and the financial secretary.
- Happy with the turn out at the meeting with Pastor Prohl.
Elder Report –
- Resignation of Victor Goltz from the Board of Elders for “personal reasons” has been accepted by the Elders. Glenn Lingle will now be the council representative. A replacement for Victor is underway.
Trustee Report –
- Resignation of Tony Kaluzinski has been accepted by the Trustees and is currently seeking a new council representative and two additional trustees.
- Comcast Telephone and Wi-Fi is up and running. AT&T has been fully cancelled.
- Vernette Sullivan is painting the back staircase. Safety is paramount.
- Lawn Mowing is being scheduled by Wayne Hinrichs.
Financial Secretary Report –
- Bob Achong is coming on-board and will also be a counter.
Pastor Report –
- There will be a Baptism of Arya Rae Sutter on Sunday, May 30, 2021,
- The current website from Church Spring may be cancelled at any time and a prorated refund will be applied to the credit card that was used to purchase it.
MMSP to accept above reports as presented.
- Currently all bills are paid, and the congregation is holding steady.
MMSP to accept Treasurer’s report.
- Website – Kelly Hensley is taking temporary point and Scott Hansen is joining the web team. The council is recommending that website development and recommendations for its usage go back to the tech team.
MMSP to adopt “face mask optional” policy and to continue encouraging social
distancing in the sanctuary without the pews being blocked off.
MMSP to accept the resignation of Deanne Fisher from the position of
Council Recording Secretary.
MMSP to schedule a Congregational Meeting on May 23 after the worship service.
MMSP to Close the Meeting.
Closing Prayer Next Council Meeting
Pastor Jeff Tuesday, May 25, 2021 – 6:30pm